This page has moved to a new address.

{Mini} Chicken Pot Pies

The Best Blog Recipes: {Mini} Chicken Pot Pies

Feb 19, 2013

{Mini} Chicken Pot Pies


I love easy.  I love quick.  I love food that tastes goood!

And that's why I LOVE these little {Mini} Chicken Pot Pies.

I was out cruising the blog scene last week when I came across a site called  Quick Dish by Tablespoon.  It's one of those sites that has a bunch of different bloggers pictures and recipes, and I  happened to stumble across one of it's submitted pictures while searching Google.

I found an amazing picture and recipe for {Mini} Chicken Pot Pies and of course I had to check out the food blog Bev Cooks that had submitted the post.  I really liked what I saw, so I thought I'd give these cute little Homemade {Mini} Chicken Pot Pies a go.

So glad I did!  They were FANTASTIC!  Such a good flavor and SO EASY to make.  Yeah, my family was impressed by them.

After a bad recipe fail this morning I needed a little ego booster and these worked like a charm :)  My family went on and on about them and how they'd love for me to make them again.   




{Mini} Chicken Pot Pie Ingredients
1 container of Grands "Golden Lovers" Butter Tastin Flaky Biscuits (10 count)
4 frozen large breaded chicken tenders (i'm all about saving time)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup frozen peas & carrots
1 cup shredded Monterrey / Colby Jack cheese 
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
Butter 

Directions
Preheat your oven to 400°.  Place your frozen chicken breasts on a baking sheet and place them in the oven while you are preparing your other ingredients.  They should cook for about 10 minutes total by themselves.

I cheated and placed my frozen peas and carrots in a microwave safe bowl and covered it with saran wrap and cooked them for 6 minutes.  The original recipe said you could just throw them in the bowl frozen but I couldn't bring myself to do that.  I was too worried that they would still be cold when the biscuits were done.  So I microwaved them :)

Place your cream of chicken soup, shredded cheese, garlic salt, and onion powder in a large mixing bowl.  Add your cooked and drained peas and carrots to the mixture.

Remove your chicken tenders from the oven and chop them into little bite sized pieces.  Add them to your mixture and stir everything together.

Grease your muffin tins.  I even greased the top of my tins just in case the biscuits expanded up and over the top, which they did.  Very glad I buttered the top or I would have had a mess!

Stretch the biscuits and place into the muffin tins.  Use your fingers and pat down into the tins.  Put heaping spoonfuls of the chicken mixture into the middle of the biscuits.  Don't be stingy.  Pack those babies full of goodness.  

Bake in the oven at 400° for 12-15 minutes and check to see how done your biscuits are at 12 minutes.  You want to make sure that you don't overcook them or they'll dry out and be too brown on the edges.  Mine cooked for 13 minutes when I decided to take them out.


Hope you enjoy as much as we did!


We've been busy sharing this recipe on many different blog link parties! For a complete list of where we like to party please visit the "Link Parties" tab at the top of the page :)

Labels: ,

43 Comments:

At February 19, 2013 at 10:08 AM , Anonymous jenifer piper said...

Love your blog! Happened to stumble across it as it was linked to another blog I subscribe to. I appreciate easy and great tasting recipes and thank you for taking the time to scour the web for them!

 
At February 19, 2013 at 3:15 PM , Blogger John said...

Hi I'm John from Fooduel.com. It is a site in which users vote recipes
from 1 to 10.

There is a ranking of the best recipes and a profile with your recipes ordered. Each recipe has a link to the blog that belongs recipe. This way you will get traffic to your blog

It's easy, fast and fun. The best Photo recipes will be stay here

I invite you to enter add your blog and upload a recipe with a nice photo.

We would love that you participate with some recipe like this. Look amazing!

Regards

http://www.Fooduel.com

 
At February 19, 2013 at 9:33 PM , Blogger Crafts a la Mode said...

I did these on my blog also. My daughter's family is CRAZY about them, too! I'd love to have you share at What to Do Weekends also. Following on twitter, Facebook and Pinterest. Take care, Linda

http://www.craftsalamode.com/2013/02/welcome-to-what-to-do-weekends-party.html

 
At February 19, 2013 at 9:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

These look so delicate and so yummy. Pinning and will love to make them soon, love all teh recipes in your blog. Came hopping over from the Adorned from above party!

 
At February 19, 2013 at 10:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Jenifer for taking time to come over and check out my blog! I sure do appreciate it :)

 
At February 19, 2013 at 10:26 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for letting me know about your site John! I'll take a peek at it tomorrow and see what it's all about :)

 
At February 19, 2013 at 10:28 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by Lizbeth and taking the time to leave me such a sweet comment tonight :)

 
At February 19, 2013 at 10:40 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'd love to come over this weekend and link up at your party. I've added you to my Link Parties Page but didn't see that you had a button on your site. I just kind of linked up to your "header" for now. If you have a button, or when you get one be sure to let me know and I'll switch it out :)

See you this weekend!

(I'd also love for you to link up back here this weekend too! Partys starts early Friday morning)

 
At February 20, 2013 at 5:13 AM , Blogger Ambreen (Simply Sweet n Savory) said...

OMG, these look so yummy! Really scrumptious!

 
At February 20, 2013 at 7:44 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

These look amazing! I might be making these for dinner tonight - I love chicken pot pies. Thanks so much for sharing.

I'd be thrilled if you'd link up at this week's Off the Hook!

 
At February 20, 2013 at 12:26 PM , Blogger The Tumbleweed Contessa said...

Great idea! I bet these went fast. I am glad to have seen them at Wicked Wednesdays. I hope you will share them at my party: http://www.tumbleweedcontessa.com/blog/whatd-you-do-this-weekend-3/

 
At February 20, 2013 at 1:22 PM , Anonymous From Nature to Nurture said...

How fun! I will have to try these! I would love for you to share them tomorrow on Thrifty Thursdays link party @ http://fromnature-tonurture.blogspot.com/ Hope to see you there!

 
At February 21, 2013 at 11:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea using biscuits! I love chicken pot pie!

Kathie
http://www.sassylittlelady.com

 
At February 22, 2013 at 11:11 AM , Anonymous Jessica @ Weekly Ad Meals said...

Looks wonderful! Thank you for sharing

 
At February 23, 2013 at 3:55 PM , Blogger Amber @ DessertNowDinnerLater.com said...

Everything is better when it's mini! Would love for you to come share this & any other recipes over at Sweet & Savory Saturdays! http://dessertnowdinnerlater.blogspot.com/2013/02/sweet-savory-saturdays-1.html
Hope to see you there!

~Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later!

 
At February 23, 2013 at 11:01 PM , Blogger Jenn said...

I just made almost this exact recipe - weird! I loved them too.

 
At February 24, 2013 at 8:24 AM , Blogger Foster said...

This looks great and easy for the kids!

 
At February 24, 2013 at 8:35 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

And super easy too Ambreen which makes them even better I think ;)

 
At February 24, 2013 at 9:18 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

How fun and yummy! Darling little pies... thanks for sharing at Super Saturday Show & Tell xoxo~ Ruthie

 
At February 24, 2013 at 10:16 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry it took me so long to get over to your party to link up. My 12 month old has been sick for a few days now and we've been spending A LOT of time together the past few days.

I also added your button to my Link Parties Page so that my readers can find you and share also :)

Hope you'll come back this weekend and link up with me at The Weekend re-Treat! Party runs from Fri-Sun, hope to see you there :)

 
At February 24, 2013 at 10:22 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my Mini Chicken Pot Pie's! I linked up a couple of casserole recipes at the party this weekend.

I hope you can stop back by here and link up this weekend at The Weekend re-Treat Link Party! It runs from Fri-Sun :) Hope to see you there.

 
At February 24, 2013 at 10:31 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry it took me so long to get over to your party to link up. Sick baby the past few days :(

I've added your button to my party page and (finally) linked up a few recipes!

Hope you'll come back and link up with me this weekend (Fri-Sun) @The Weekend re-Treat!

 
At February 24, 2013 at 10:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Kathie for stopping by and commenting :) The biscuits give it a good flavor and hold up well when they are stuffed with goodness!

 
At February 24, 2013 at 10:33 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

No problem Jessica! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :)

 
At February 24, 2013 at 10:42 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the invite Amber. Sorry it took me so long to get over and link up. Sick baby all weekend :(

I've added your party button to my link parties page too!

Hope you'll come back this weekend and join me for my link party that runs from Fri-Sun @The Weekend re-Treat!

Hope to see you there :)

 
At February 24, 2013 at 10:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Jenn, Just went and took a peek at your blog and LOVE it! New follower on GFC, Pinterest & Facebook!

I'd love for you to come back and link up this weekend at my link party @The Weekend re-Treat!

It runs from Fri-Sun. Hope to see you there :)

 
At February 24, 2013 at 10:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Foster for stopping by and taking the time to comment :)

 
At February 24, 2013 at 10:51 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Ruthie, and you're welcome :)

 
At February 25, 2013 at 6:38 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

These look so yummy and comforting!

 
At February 25, 2013 at 12:19 PM , Blogger Miz Helen said...

I just love your Mini Chicken Pot Pies, and what a great recipe! Have a great week and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

 
At February 25, 2013 at 7:33 PM , Blogger Shannon Barefoot said...

Yum! Pinning these now :) They look delicious! Thanks for linking up to The Weekly Creative.

Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

 
At February 25, 2013 at 10:45 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Jeni :)

 
At February 25, 2013 at 10:46 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Miz Helen for taking the time to stop by and comment :) Hope you have a fantastic week!

 
At February 25, 2013 at 10:47 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for pinning them Shannon! And thanks again for the party :)

 
At February 26, 2013 at 6:05 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Pinning these, they look so good! I can't wait to try them out!!

~Sarah Lynn @ Sarah Lynn's Sweets

 
At February 26, 2013 at 6:52 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Mini things are sort of my favorite! Love these!

Thanks for linking up to What's Cookin' Wednesday!

 
At February 26, 2013 at 9:29 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for pinning Sarah! Hope you love them as much as we did!

 
At February 26, 2013 at 9:31 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting Karly!

 
At February 28, 2013 at 9:40 PM , Blogger Paula said...

They look so yummy and so cute! We'd love for you to share your recipe at our party! http://www.housewivesofriverton.com/2013/02/riverton-housewives-round-up-54.html

 
At March 2, 2013 at 4:05 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing at Two Cup Tuesday at Pint Sized Baker. I've pinned it!

 
At March 10, 2013 at 2:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What would you serve as a side with these? Or are they enough on their own? Trying tonight!

 
At March 10, 2013 at 10:10 PM , Blogger Annesphamily said...

I think these are so cute! But I imagine they are very tasty too! Thanks for sharing!

 
At April 13, 2013 at 4:42 AM , Anonymous Faye said...

This is a very delicious and cute pot pie recipe!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home