This page has moved to a new address.

Liebster Award!

The Best Blog Recipes: Liebster Award!

Feb 26, 2013

Liebster Award!

I want to shout out a big THANK YOU to Wanda Ann over at Memories By The Mile for thinking of me for this award!

The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. 


What is a Liebster?
The meaning: Liebster is a German word and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.

 
Here are the rules for receiving this award:

* Tell 11 random facts about yourself
* Answer the 11 questions the nominator has asked you.
* Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass
the award to and link them in your post.
*Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
*Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
*No tag backs.


The 11 random facts about myself:

1) I have 2 little Yorkies that seriously think they are babies.  Their names are Munchie and Goalie.
2) I am a mom to a teenage girl and a 1 year old boy... I know, huge difference!  
3) I didn't like onions until I was in my mid 20's and now I eat them in everything! 
4) Between Thanksgiving and today (Feb 25th) I have lost a total of 45.6 pounds and I feel like a completely new person and I am really loving my new body!
5) I HATE spiders!
6) My daughter has a peanut & tree nut allergy and my son can't have dairy of any kind so I practically live in my kitchen cooking different things for different family members. 
7) I've never been outside of the United States, and have never been farther East than Missouri
8) I dread putting up & taking down the christmas tree (that's why my daughter does it now that she's old enough)... but I sure do like looking at it once it's all done!
9) Black is my favorite color to wear and my whole closet would be all black (and white) if it weren't for my darling hubby telling me to add in some color, lol!
10) I don't watch TV anymore.... mostly because I just don't have the time.  But I do manage to fit in a few of my favorite PBS cartoons with my little man :)
11) I loved reading the Twilight series... hope that doesn't make me sound too dorky!

11 Questions from Wanda Ann @
Memories By The Mile
  
1. What is your favorite vacation?
We go to St. George a couple of times a year and I really enjoy our quick little trips.  It's just a good way for us to get out of town and relax! We'll see how it goes this year though now that the baby is 1?!?

2. Where would you most like to go on vacation?   
Ireland, Alaska, & Belize just to name a few

3. What is your goal for your blog in 2013?  

Wow, I don't really know.  I'd really like to hit 500 followers on Facebook... hint hint to all of you reading this, lol!

4. What are your favorite hobbies? 
 
I don't know if cleaning is a hobby... but it should be.  I LOVE to clean and I love the way I feel after everything smells good, is shiny and dust free.  I'm so weird!

5. What's a fun family tradition you do? 

Every Christmas Eve we get together with my husbands family and meet at a fun ice cream restaurant and just pig out on delicious desserts!

6. What is your favorite way to travel?  
 I love to travel in an RV.  Haven't done it since I was little, but I remember how fun it was and would love to do it again sometime soon! 

7. What is your favorite season?   
I love it when it's fall outside and the leaves are changing colors!  Someday I'll make it to the East Coast to see the changing colors.
 
8. What is your favorite thing to cook?  

 I love to cook everything...  Probably a yummy creamy pasta dish would be my favorite.  With garlic bread or rolls!  Can't forget those!

9. What is your favorite food to eat? 
I LOVE mexican food!  I could eat it everyday for the rest of my life.

10. What is one of your favorite memories (other than wedding and having your children)?  
It isn't really a memory yet since it just happened... but losing 45.6 pounds since Thanksgiving has been really awesome.  For the first time in my life I love my body and have been having so much fun shopping for new clothes.  This is the best I have ever felt mentally, emotionally and physically!

11. What is your favorite post that is you've done on your blog? 
 
Probably my link parties.  I get so excited to see who and how many people link up each week.  I'm only on week 5 but it's going really great!


Blogs I'm nominating: 
(I based my picks on the number of GFC followers on their blog)


Questions for those I'm nominating:


1)  If you had an afternoon to yourself (no husband or kids) what would you do with your spare time?
2) What's your favorite movie?
3) What's your favorite thing about blogging?
4) What's one thing you would like to accomplish in 2013?
5) What's your favorite Food?
6) What's your favorite restaurant and what do you order when you go there?
7) What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?
8) If your friends and family had to describe you using 3 words, which words do you think they would use?
9) What's one thing you couldn't live without?
10) What is the best thing that has happened to you in the past week?
11) What is your favorite quote?

Labels:

12 Comments:

At February 26, 2013 at 2:02 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Shauna,
We have so many things in common, almost everyone. Except I want to lose 45 lbs. way to go Girl. Tell me your secret! Next time your in St. George we'll have to go to lunch, that's where I live (when I'm not on the road).
Don't forget my link party today!

Hugs,
Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile

 
At February 26, 2013 at 7:07 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

We're actually coming down the weekend of March 15th if you're going to be around. I'd love to meet you for lunch while my hubby plays golf!

And I'd love to share with you how I lost the weight too! It was actually so easy believe it or not. I'll email you some information :)

 
At February 26, 2013 at 8:36 AM , Anonymous Dana @ This Silly Girl's Life said...

Thanks so much for thinking of me!

 
At February 26, 2013 at 8:39 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

You're welcome Dana!

 
At February 26, 2013 at 9:20 AM , Blogger Kim of Mo Betta said...

I read your comment to Wanda Ann, so email me too! (Please!) That's an awesome accomplishment, and I have NEVER heard anyone say it was easy! Congrats on your award! Oh, and my son is allergic to peanuts and tree nuts too, and he was allergic to eggs until just recently, so I can totally relate!

 
At February 26, 2013 at 9:27 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I would LOVE to send you the information :) Let me put it together in an email. I'll send you my embarrassing before and after's too so you can see just how much I've lost.

And glad you can relate with the food allergies with my kids. It can be so tough some days to please everyone with different needs!

 
At February 26, 2013 at 10:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, Shauna!!

 
At February 26, 2013 at 11:03 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

You're welcome Kathie!

 
At February 26, 2013 at 12:41 PM , Blogger Brenda @ Chatting Over Chocolate said...

Loved getting to know you better through all the interesting facts you shared! How awesome on your weight loss! Such an accomplishment - way to go! Congrats on your Liebster Award, Shauna!! Very well deserved ;)

Brenda @ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com

 
At February 26, 2013 at 8:46 PM , Blogger The Pin Junkie said...

Thanks so much for nominating me for the award! I appreciate it!

 
At February 26, 2013 at 9:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Brenda for leaving such a sweet comment!

 
At February 26, 2013 at 9:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You're welcome!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home