This page has moved to a new address.

Recipe Fail: Hershey Kiss Thumbprint Cookies

The Best Blog Recipes: Recipe Fail: Hershey Kiss Thumbprint Cookies

Jan 14, 2013

Recipe Fail: Hershey Kiss Thumbprint Cookies


Join the The Best Blog Recipes for the latest and greatest!  
Like us on Facebook or follow on Pinterest!

Today's fun recipe turned into a complete and total failure.  Well, I guess I did get some regular sugar cookies out of it, but overall it was a disaster from start to finish.

I'm really not kidding when I say that something went wrong at every point in the process.

Let me tell you about it....

I was really pressed for time tonight.  I mean, I was running out of daylight and we all know that food photo's turn out better when they are photographed in the natural light.  So, off I went and got out all of the ingredients I needed to make sugar cookies.

Then the thought suddenly crossed my mind that maybe I needed to jump on the computer to grab a thumbprint recipe that I had saved earlier in the week... but being the awesome chef that I am I decided to just wing it because I was in such a hurry.

So... I started putting the dry ingredients together in a bowl.  Flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, SUGAR.  No, no, no.  The sugar doesn't go in with the dry ingredients.  I seriously just stood there and didn't know what to do.  I was supposed to put the sugar in with the wet ingredients and beat until smooth.  OK... we'll just see how this turns out.

Moving on.




I mixed everything and rolled into small balls. I put them in the oven and cooked them before I realized that I FORGOT TO ROLL THEM IN SUGAR, seriously?!?






Then I decided to unwrapped the Hershey Kisses that I bought just  for this treat.  They were "special" pink ones for valentines day.  That was the whole point, to make a valentines treat to post.

When I opened the first kiss I couldn't believe they... were... brown and white stripped chocolate kisses!  What - the - heck.... The package and wrapping were pink.  Was I wrong to assume that they were pink and white.  My bad!

Since I had forgotten to roll these cookies in sugar I decided to just make this batch a "sugar cookie" batch which turned out to be a good idea since the cookies flattened all the way out.  They were moist and chewy, but super thin.  Ok, this isn't going so well but I'm not giving up at this point.  

On the second set of cookies that I put in the oven I remembered to roll them in sugar first, score!

I made the second set of cookies smaller since the first flattened out.  I even thought I'd go ahead and put Hershey Kisses on half of them since my first batch didn't have any and I'd put the remaining Kisses on when the rest of the cookies were finished.  I mean, what's the worst that can happen?  I really thought the chocolate would melt into the hole I had created.  I tried to convince my husband that I would end up with nice, beautiful melted chocolate on these little cookies.

WRONG!


This is what I ended up with, ugh...


Burnt tips

Flattened out cookies that were regular sized, not thumbprint sized

The chocolate didn't melt... why didn't the chocolate melt? 








 And the chocolate is melting on the ones I added it to when they came out of the oven too much here.  










So, the moral of the story is:  If you've never made Hershey Kiss Thumbprint Cookies before you should really find a recipe and print it... or your cookies will turn out like mine did!


Thanks for coming along on this journey that show's you just how insanely human I am.  

Hope you enjoyed it!


Labels:

5 Comments:

At January 20, 2013 at 4:41 AM , Blogger Kim of Mo Betta said...

haha, I love this post b/c it sounds exactly like some of my 'adventures' in the kitchen!

 
At January 22, 2013 at 3:04 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to know I am not the only one who this happens to :)

 
At January 24, 2013 at 8:11 PM , Blogger Ali @ Jamhands.net said...

Hah! I have learned one big thing - Do not bake if you are cranky and in a rush. The results are always pretty bad :) Funny post, thanks for sharing your adventure :)

 
At January 25, 2013 at 2:20 AM , Blogger Winnie said...

These are really really cute!!

 
At January 28, 2024 at 2:06 PM , Anonymous Cest Un Homme Hetero Cis Blanc said...

Awesome blog youu have here

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home