This page has moved to a new address.

Bourbon Chicken

The Best Blog Recipes: Bourbon Chicken

Jan 17, 2013

Bourbon Chicken

Photo Source:  The Best Blog Recipes

Join the The Best Blog Recipes for the latest and greatest!  
Like us on Facebook or follow on Pinterest!

I love Bourbon Chicken, I have for quite some time now.  It started a long, long time ago when I worked retail management and would eat in the food court more often that I should have been.  I would always walk past the Japanese place that gave out free samples of their bourbon chicken regardless if that's what I was going to eat that day.  I just really love the stuff and it's definitely been way too long since I've had it.  That's why I was so exited when I came across a great looking recipe for it over at Jamie Cooks It Up

Usually Teryaki Chicken is the dish of request here in our house... until last night when I made Bourbon Chicken for the first time.  Saying that my family loved it would be an understatement.  I'm pretty sure that my daughter has asked me 3 times in the last 24 hours when I can make it again.  And she even had left overs for breakfast, lol!

This was actually a super easy dish to make, and I like it when things are easy to cook up!

Bourbon Chicken (without the bourbon)
Ingredients
5 chicken breasts
2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 cup apple juice
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon cornstartch


Directions
Cut your chicken into 1 inch pieces.

Heat up 2 tablespoons oil in a large sautee pan.
















Add chicken to your pan and cook until no longer pink.















You chicken will get all juicy and bubbly and will need to be strained to remove excess juices and liquid.  Once strained, put the chicken back into your sautee pan.















Cook on medium heat until your chicken starts to brown.















In a bowl add the minced garlic, apple juice, brown sugar, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, water, soy sauce, red pepper flakes and cornstarch.  Whisk together until all cornstarch lumps have dissolved.















Once chicken has browned add your sauce mix.















Stir the sauce and chicken and cover with a lid, tilted slightly to allow steam to escape.















Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.   















Serving suggestions:  White rice, brown rice or traditional fried rice would be a nice addition to this dish.  We served ours with plain white fried rice this time and we're going to try it with a traditional fried rice the next time we make it!

Recipe Source:  Jamie Cooks It Up

* I have linked this recipe to the following "Link Parties".  Please visit these wonderful blogs for other amazing recipes, crafts & DIY ideas!

BWS tips buttonSomewhat SimpleKatie's Nesting SpotThe Answer Is Chocolate

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At January 17, 2013 at 8:20 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, Shauna! I love yours and this chicken looks VERY yummy... my mouth is watering already! : )

Also, just in case you didn't know, you're a no-reply blogger so I couldn't email respond to your comment... you can find a tutorial to help you fix that here. You'll probably get lots more comments/replies to your comments from bloggers if you do that too! : )

-Mel the Crafty Scientist

 
At January 17, 2013 at 8:48 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Mel, thank you so much for letting me know that I was a no-reply blogger. I went in and fixed it and I really appreciate you taking the time to comment here :-)

Thanks,
Shauna

 
At January 20, 2013 at 4:37 AM , Blogger Kim of Mo Betta said...

This looks delish. I love bourbon. I mean, I love bourbon chicken! I think my kids would enjoy this. Nice blog, new follower!

 
At January 22, 2013 at 2:41 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Your comments are cracking me up today! Thanks for leaving them and for following!

 
At January 29, 2013 at 2:50 PM , Anonymous Chinese restaurant Brisbane said...

Very nice recipe, good work!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home